Written English: A Guide for Electrical and Electronic Students and Engineers
: CRC PRESS
- Covers all aspects of English grammar directly relevant to electrical and electronic engineers
- Discusses all aspects of working with numbers and algebra, including correct formatting procedures (both body citations and references)
- Addresses vocabulary and stylistic issues that engineers might not be aware of in their own writing, and describes the level of writing expected in the field
- Reveals to engineers mistakes that they and their peers often make, and indicates the areas where they should focus their efforts
- Offers unique insight into the problems students and academics face on a day-to-day basis when writing in a language that is not their mother tongue
A research paper or graduate essay demonstrating weak English and poor formatting is likely to be rejected by an editor or marked down by an assessor; but why should these gaps in your English knowledge undermine your subject knowledge and skill as an engineer or student of the discipline?
Written English: A Guide for Electrical and Electronic Students and Engineers is the first resource to work at the sentence level to resolve the English language problems facing international engineering students and scholars. Informed by hundreds of research papers and student essays, this valuable reference:
- Covers grammar essentials and key terms in the fields of electrical engineering, electronic engineering, and communication systems
- Uses real-world examples to reveal common mistakes and identify critical areas of focus
- Provides practical solutions to formatting, vocabulary, and stylistic issues
Written English: A Guide for Electrical and Electronic Students and Engineers equips readers with the necessary knowledge to produce accurate and effective English when writing for engineering.
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.