Technology & Engineering, 6th Edition
By: Dr. R. Thomas Wright
Technology & Engineering will help students realize how technology affects people and the world in which we live. Numerous illustrations and easy-to-read text enable understanding of how people use technology and why technological systems work the way they do. Student-friendly features, such as Tomorrow's Technology Today, Technology Explained, Academic Connections, STEM Connections, Think Green, and Career Corners, provide numerous practical examples of the impacts of technology on our world. This edition of the book contains information on automation and robotics, digital photography, digital signals, and job skills and employment. The book is fully correlated to the Standards for Technological Literacy.
- Strategic Reading features help students focus on the material in each chapter.
- STEM Connections and Academic Connections relate chapter content to math, science, history and communication.
- Think Green features connect chapter content to environmental issues
- Technology Explained features highlight and discuss a variety of current technologies.
- Career Corner presents information about careers related to various technological fields.
- Test Your Knowledge questions, and STEM applications are included at the end of each chapter.
In addition to the text, the teaching package includes a Tech Lab Workbook with material relating to the activities in the text. Other supplements include an Instructor's Presentations for PowerPoint CD and an EXAMVIEW Assessment Suite CD.
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.