Switching Power Converters: Medium and High Power, Second Edition
: CRC PRESS
- Addresses all multidisciplinary aspects of medium- and high-power converter systems
- Provides an in-depth presentation of pulse-width-modulation (PWM) algorithms
- Focuses on the actual use of industrial technology, covering facets of implementation otherwise overlooked by theoretical textbooks
- Examines design for reliability from the system level perspective, offering numerous examples, problems, and questions to enhance learning
- Contains many new figures, updates, and chapters on topics such as multilevel converters, thermal management, and intelligent power modules
An examination of all of the multidisciplinary aspects of medium- and high-power converter systems, including basic power electronics, digital control and hardware, sensors, analog preprocessing of signals, protection devices and fault management, and pulse-width-modulation (PWM) algorithms, Switching Power Converters: Medium and High Power, Second Edition discusses the actual use of industrial technology and its related subassemblies and components, covering facets of implementation otherwise overlooked by theoretical textbooks.
The updated Second Edition contains many new figures, as well as new and/or improved chapters on:
- Thermal management and reliability
- Intelligent power modules
- AC/DC and DC/AC current source converters
- Multilevel converters
- Use of IPM within a "network of switches" concept
- Power semiconductors
- Matrix converters
- Practical aspects in building power converters
Providing the latest research and development information, along with numerous examples of successful home appliance, aviation, naval, automotive electronics, industrial motor drive, and grid interface for renewable energy products, this edition highlights advancements in packaging technologies, tackles the advent of hybrid circuits able to incorporate control and power stages within the same package, and examines design for reliability from the system level perspective.
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.