Programmable Logic Controllers: Hardware and Programming, 4th Edition
Programmable Logic Controllers: Hardware and Programming provides an introduction to PLCs and their applications in process and industrial control systems. The text begins with basic hardware and programming concepts and then progresses to system-level applications.
- To prepare technicians to meet the needs of industry, the author has taken a highly practical approach, covering PLC applications, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Illustrations and examples help to explain abstract concepts, and review questions at the end of each chapter allow students to practice what they have learned.
- The thoroughly updated new edition includes a new chapter on RSLogix5000 programming and expanded coverage of HMI (human machine interface) applications.
- For additional hands-on learning, a Lab Manual is available.
1. Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Overview
2. PLC Selection, Components, and Communication
3. Number Systems and Codes
4. Input/Output Devices and Motor Controls
5. Creating Relay Logic Diagrams
6. PLC Programming
7. Programming Logic Gate Functions in PLCs
8. PLC Timer Instructions
9. PLC Counter Instructions
10. PLC Math Instructions
11. PLC Compare, Jump, and MCR Instructions
12. PLC Subroutine Functions
13. PLC Logic and Bit Shift Instructions
14. Data Handling Instructions
15. Sequencer Instructions
16. Troubleshooting and Servicing the PLC System
17. PLC Networks in Manufacturing
18. Programming with RSLogix 5000 Software
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.