POWER PRIMER: A NONTECHNICAL GUIDE FROM GENERATION TO END-USE
In this nontechnical guide, author Ann Chambers provides information on how electricity is generated, transmitted and distributed. Written in easy-to-understand language, this title is a must for industry newcomers as well as veteran professionals who need a quick refresher on the ever-changing electric power industry.
- The big picture: from plant to plug
- Controls and control rooms
- Emmisions and pollutants
- Traditional fuels
- Alternative fuels
- Poles and towers
- Lines and voltages
- Site selection and permits
- North American Electric Reliability Council
- Residential electricity
- Appendices (impact of deregulation, glossary, electric power industry contacts
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.