Power Cable Technology
: CRC PRESS
- Provides a precise understanding of the design, manufacture, installation, and testing of electric power cables
- Emphasises consonance between design theory and practical application to ensure production of a quality power cable at a reasonable cost
- Underscores the importance of careful handling during power cable laying, jointing, and terminating
Power Cable Technology provides a precise understanding of the design, manufacture, installation, and testing of a range of electric power cables—from low-voltage, 1,000/1,100V cables to extra-high-voltage, 400kV cables—with reference to future trends in the industry.
The authors’ mantra is: know your cable. Thus, the book begins with a comprehensive overview of power cable design and manufacturing through the ages, and then:
- Describes the characteristics of the materials currently used in the production of various power cables
- Explains how to calculate the die orifice for drawing wires, how tolerance in manufacturing affects material weight and consumption, and how and why lubricants are used
- Addresses the formation, stranding, and insulation of the electrical conductors, as well as the sheathing, armouring, and protective covering of the power cables
- Delivers an in-depth discussion of quality systems, quality control, and performance testing
- Covers the many nuances of cable installation, including laying, jointing, and terminating
Throughout, the authors emphasise consonance between design theory and practical application to ensure production of a quality power cable at a reasonable cost. They also underscore the importance of careful handling, making Power Cable Technology a must read for power cable engineers and technicians alike.
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.