OFFSHORE POWER: BUILDING RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS IN U.S. WATERS
As the United States seeks ways to meet the ever-increasing power needs of its large coastal population areas, thereëís a growing focus on the plentiful renewable energy resources located just offshore.
In their insightful book, energy experts Markian Melnyk and Robert Andersen outline the important new offshore options available to a nation on the threshold of a green revolution. The experience gained by early offshore oil and gas prospectors, as well as by more recent developers of European offshore wind, wave, and tidal energy projects, provide a wealth of knowledge that can be readily transferred to North American marine energy projects.
Whether youëí're a developer, financial backer, or regulator, Offshore Power charts a course for long-term deployment of marine renewable energy facilities, and creates a compelling picture of a greener future.
- Acronyms and abbreviations
- Stepping off dry land: The case for offshore renewable energy
- An unfamiliar environment: Offshore conditions and energy resources
- Marvelous machines: Harvesting nature's offshore energy crop
- Carving out a piece of the shelf: Project siting decisions
- Acquiring rights to project sites: MMS and offshore renewables; FERC and hydrokinetics
- Action and its impacts: Project review under the National Environmental Policy Act
- Nature and machine coexisting offshore: Federal protections for natural and cultural resources
- Still more permits: The roles of other federal and state agencies reviewing proposed offshore projects
- Renewable energy goodwill: Managing the public consultation process
- Connecting to the grid: Adapting to intermittent renewable energy supplies
- Working the numbers: Financing and insuring offshore renewable energy projects
- Cultivating disruptive change: The economic challenge of offshore renewable energy
- About the authors
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.