Mike Holt's Understanding the National Electrical Code, Vol. 1 (textbook), 2017 NEC
: Mike Holt
: Paperback Book
Compliance with the National Electrical Code is a major concern for today’s engineers, designers and electricians. On the one hand, you need to keep job costs down. On the other hand, your electrical projects must meet Code. And if you are an electrical inspector, you’ve got to ensure compliance with the Code in a way that is fair, accurate, equitable, and consistent. The need to understand and accurately apply the NEC is great. How can you make sure you get this right? The answer is Mike Holt’s Illustrated Guide to Understanding the National Electrical Code. No other textbook takes you step-by-step through NEC articles like Mike’s authoritative Understanding the National Electrical Code textbooks. What makes this book so effective is the clear writing style, the Author’s Comments, and the amazing detailed full-color illustrations that help you visualize the concepts being discussed. The chapter questions help you test your knowledge as you go. This book sets the standard in NEC education, and is used extensively throughout the country. Volume 1 highlights:
- Article 90. Know the purpose and scope of the NEC, and understand how it’s arranged so you can quickly find what you need.
- Chapter 1. Become familiar with the general requirements that apply to all installations. You’ll understand NEC terminology, which wiring methods are suitable, and the truth about space requirements.
- Chapter 2. Know the requirements for neutrals, branch circuits, feeders, outside wiring, and services. You’ll obtain competence and confidence in sizing and applying circuit protection. You’ll also understand how grounding and bonding differ, and how to apply the concepts properly in the real world.
- Chapter 3. Don’t run afoul of the requirements for conductors, enclosures, fittings, cable assemblies and raceways. Do you know how the rules for EMT differ from those for RMC? What about armored cable? Which conductor is right for the job?
- Chapter 4. Cords, switches, receptacles, panelboards, and lighting are just some of the Chapter 4 topics you must understand to avoid code violations. Don’t let Article 430—the largest of the NEC Articles—be a “motor mystery” to you. And don’t let the rules for generators, transformers, or capacitors continue to confuse you.
This resource has proven itself in the field and in the exam room. And now you can rely on the latest edition to provide you with the rock-solid foundation of NEC knowledge you need to do your job with accuracy and confidence.
Product Code: 17UND1
Practice Questions: 409
Answer keys are included with all Mike Holt books.quick-add/ray-holders-2017-journeyman-electrician-exam-questions-and-study-guide-by-btp/ray-holders-master-electrician-exam-questions-and-study-guide-2017-b/ray-holders-2017-practical-calculations-for-electricians-paperback-b/btp-online-ray-holders-2017-journeyman-electrician-exam-prep/2017-masters-electrician-exam-questions-tests-online-version/the-current-geek-2017/doctor-watts-magnetic-circuit-breaker-labels/doctor-watts-passing-electrical-exams/2017-shirt-pocket-electrical-guide-doctor-watts/doctor-watts-simplified-residential-wiring/doctor-watts-the-electricians-book-of-trade-secrets/atlas-electrical-contractors-business-forms/electricians-field-log-book/
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.