Mike Holt's Understanding the National Electrical Code vol. 1 2011
: Mike Holt
This resource has proven itself in the field and in the exam room. And now you can rely on the latest edition to provide you with the rock-solid foundation of NEC knowledge you need to do your job with accuracy and confidence. Some highlights of what you will understand after using this outstanding resource:
- Article 90. Know the purpose and scope of the NEC, and understand how it’s arranged so you can quickly find what you need.
- Chapter 1. Become familiar with the general requirements that apply to all installations. You’ll understand NEC terminology, which wiring methods are suitable, and the truth about space requirements.
- Chapter 2. Know the requirements for neutrals, branch circuits, feeders, outside wiring, and services. You’ll obtain competence and confidence in sizing and applying circuit protection. You’ll also understand how grounding and bonding differ, and how to apply the concepts properly in the real world.
- Chapter 3. Don’t run afoul of the requirements for conductors, enclosures, fittings, cable assemblies and raceways. Do you know how the rules for EMT differ from those for RMC? What about armored cable? Which conductor is right for the job?
- Chapter 4. Cords, switches, receptacles, panelboards, and lighting are just some of the Chapter 4 topics you must understand to avoid code violations. Don’t let Article 430—the largest of the NEC Articles—be a “motor mystery” to you. And don’t let the rules for generators, transformers, or capacitors continue to confuse you.
Product Code: 11UND1
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.