Construction and Building Technology
Construction and Building Technology introduces students to construction processes and procedures. Students will learn about construction technology, construction materials and management, and project design. They will study building foundations, subsystems, and structures, and learn how these systems are maintained, repaired, or altered. Chapters on commercial, industrial, and engineered construction processes and procedures are also included. The book is correlated to the Standards for Technological Literacy and includes the following chapter features:
- Career Connections—address careers related to the chapter material.
- STEM Connections and Curricular Connections—relate chapter content to math, science, and social sciences.
- Technology Links—highlight current technology that relates to chapter content.
- Green Construction—features relate chapter content to environmental issues.
- Test Your Knowledge—questions test student understanding of chapter content.
In addition to the textbook, the teaching package includes the Tech Lab workbook, Instructor's Resource CD, EXAMVIEW® Assessment Suite CD, and Instructor's Presentations for PowerPoint CD.
Construction and Building Technology Supports STEM:
- Design process
- Science STEM Connection features
- Green Construction features
- Engineering systems
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781605258102
- Author-1: E. Keith Blankenbaker
- Copyright/Publication Date: 2013
- Binding: Hardcover
- Page Count: 656
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.