Get an insider’s view on the latest electrical codes?from the top resource used by electricians, contractors, and inspectors across the country. Whether you’re renovating your home, selling it, or buying a new one, staying up on the latest electrical codes is critical business. What you don’t know can compromise your safety and potentially cost you a bundle in violations. Code Check Electrical is your go-to reference for everything you need to know to avoid the most common electrical violations while stressing the central safety principles behind the National Electrical Code.
The latest information at your fingertips keeps you up to code. This revised edition has been completely updated to the 2014 National Electrical Code and the 2012 International Residential Code. Spiral bound with durable, laminated pages that can be referenced quickly on-site, this reliable resource clearly details how to:
- Meet the highest safety standards while drastically reducing code violation callbacks
- Stay on top of every type of residential electrical system by knowing the most up-to-date information on grounding, bonding, service panels, branch circuits, GFCIs and AFCIs, switches, receptacles, and more
- Deal with old wiring and bring it up to code
- Troubleshoot electrical issues related to appliances, lighting, and other household items
About the Author
Redwood Kardon is a former building inspector for Oakland, CA., and is the leading professional lecturer nationwide on building codes. He also owns and maintains "codecheck.com," a website devoted to promoting the Code Check manual. Coauthors Douglas Hansen and Michael Casey have 25 and 18 years of field experience, respectively. All three authors teach seminars for inspectors around the country, using the "Code Check" series as their primary material. Paddy Morrissey was the senior illustrator for CornerHardware.com and has been the sole illustrator for the "Code Check" series.
Paddy Morrissey was senior illustrator for CornerHardware.com. All three live in the San Francisco Bay area.
Douglas Hansen lives in Palo Alto, CA.
- Subtitle: An illustrated guide to wiring a safe house
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781621137788
- Author-1: Redwood Kardon
- Author-2: Douglas Hansen
- Copyright/Publication Date: 2014
- Binding: Spiral Bound
- Edition Number: 7th Edition