Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers
: CRC PRESS
- Provides extensive coverage of broadband radio frequency (RF) and microwave power amplifier design
- Includes well-known historical and recent novel schematic configurations, theoretical approaches, circuit simulation results, and practical implementation strategies
- Combines theoretical analysis with practical design to create a solid foundation for innovative ideas and circuit design techniques
Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers provides extensive coverage of broadband radio frequency (RF) and microwave power amplifier design, including well-known historical and recent novel schematic configurations, theoretical approaches, circuit simulation results, and practical implementation strategies. The text begins by introducing two-port networks to illustrate the behavior of linear and nonlinear circuits, explaining the basic principles of power amplifier design, and discussing impedance matching and broadband power amplifier design using lumped and distributed parameters. The book then:
- Shows how dissipative or lossy gain-compensation-matching circuits can offer an important trade-off between power gain, reflection coefficient, and operating frequency bandwidth
- Describes the design of broadband RF and microwave amplifiers using real frequency techniques (RFTs), supplying numerous examples based on the MATLAB® programming process
- Examines Class-E power amplifiers, Doherty amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, microwave gallium arsenide field-effect transistor (GaAs FET)-distributed amplifiers, and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) amplifiers for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications
Broadband RF and Microwave Amplifiers combines theoretical analysis with practical design to create a solid foundation for innovative ideas and circuit design techniques.
Schedule Your NCCER Test
Ready to take your exam? Brown Technical offers a direct way to book your NCCER test through us. We will locate the testing center closest to you. Click the link to get started.