State Electrical Licensing Requirements
Mississippi licenses electrical contractors but does not require licensing of journeyman electricians. Check with the local county or municipal authorities for specific licensing requirements of craft professionals.
Mississippi has entered into reciprocal agreements with the following licensing boards:
- Alabama General Contractors Board
- Alabama Board of Heating and Air Conditioning Contractors
- Alabama Electrical Board
- Louisiana Licensing Board for Contractors – Electrical excluded unless exam taken in Louisiana
- North Carolina Electrical Contractors Board
- South Carolina Contractors Licensing Board – Master electrician exams only.
- Tennessee Board for Licensing General Contractors